Welcome to part two of my travels! I ran out of memory on my first blog but you can visit my old post here: http://www.wherewillmyfeettakemenext.blogspot.kr/

I love to travel and have a bucket list of countries I want to visit. On the top of my list currently are India, the USA, Cambodia, Peru and New Zealand (because I love Lord of the Rings haha).

I love taking photos so expect a lot of photos in my blogs!

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Goodbye 2013! Hello 2014!

Happy New Year
New year, new country. 2014 is going to be full of changes, and it is the year I decide which direction I wish my life to take. It's all very scary, yet so exciting!

I will be heading home in just under 8 weeks. Back to sunny Stafford. Well not Stafford it self. My parents live in a tiny village 3 miles outside the town. It has no shops and the church is only open once a week. It's going to be so strange going from a 24 hour city with a convenience store in my own building to .... well .... cows ....

It seriously is like something out of a Jane Austen novel. Pity, there are no handsome heroes there. Only old retired couples.

That's why I will try to move to London after a few months. I want to live in my own capital for a year at least. I know it will be expensive, that's why I have been saving this year. Not just money. I have been saving my clothes. I have only worn my old clothes this year as I will throw them away before I leave Korea.

I am nervous about London. I have only been there a handful of times as a tourist. I have been spending hours doing research on the different areas. I am most nervous about flat sharing. I have been better about sharing my space since moving here. But, I still like quiet. I understand I need more relaxed about noise and space when I move there.

As for work, I want to work as an administration assistant. Then perhaps go back and study in the evenings, but we shall see. The job market is very difficult to break into at the moment I have heard... To be honest, I don't know what the future will bring and it is exciting. All my life I have planned every detail, I am enjoying the uncertainty for the first time.

So, those are my plans for the future. Now for what I did for new years

I spent new years in bed sound asleep. Why? My first week of camp had wore me out and I wanted to have energy for new years day. My friend from Japan was coming to Seoul and the only day we could meet was new years day. We first met in Thailand last year on the CELTA course. She has been living in Japan since then. She brought her friend Lindsey who was really nice
Cool hat club

I met her in the morning and she brought me my matcha from Japan (so much cheaper over there). We then went to Ashleys buffet for lunch. Because it was new years day they had the dinner menu at lunch. Therefore, we could drink wine. Ashley's wine is the best in Korea. Soooo sweet and yummy! Ashley's always change the menu and this month is Southern USA food. The cheesy wedges were the best.... mmm...drool.....

After, we went to Insadong to get some gifts. It was as busy as usual there so we didn't stay too long. WE then tried to find the fish cafe in Myeongdong for ages but after an hour we gave up and went for BBQ pork.

It was great new years day. It was in the middle of low level camp, therefore it broke it up nicely.

This week regular camp starts and I have been sick since day one. Actually, I have been sick since the 22nd December but it seemed to get better then Monday I got worse again. I think it's all the pollution. The sky is dark over here at the moment with pollution. It's quite scary to think what that is doing to our bodies.

Only 50 days left until I go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment