Welcome to part two of my travels! I ran out of memory on my first blog but you can visit my old post here: http://www.wherewillmyfeettakemenext.blogspot.kr/

I love to travel and have a bucket list of countries I want to visit. On the top of my list currently are India, the USA, Cambodia, Peru and New Zealand (because I love Lord of the Rings haha).

I love taking photos so expect a lot of photos in my blogs!

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Last post in Korea

Goodbye classroom
This will be my last post whilst I am living in Korea. I have no internet at home so will be unable to update this blog until March.

Two days before I finished my work, I was called to the administration office. They told me that the old administration had put all my severance money in a bank account. I would have to open an account at this bank and transfer it over to my main bank, even now I still don't understand it.

Normally, you get your severance, flight money and key deposit back two weeks after you finish your contact. They should transfer it over to you home country bank account. But, it seems I have to do all the transferring. Arghhh! So stressful! Main problem is all the Korean teachers are leaving early as it's the end of term. Therefore the only person who can help me is my co-teacher who is 8 months pregnant. I felt awful that she had to travel to the bank with me because she gets tired easy.

Photo booth!
In good news, I finish today!!! It's only a half day because we will all go for an office meal. Yay!! I then have two weeks off until my flight. I am going to spend it meeting friends and saying goodbye.

I think time is going to fly between now and the 28th! Sarah and Sue are going to take me to the bus in the morning of my flight. They want to give a proper goodbye and help me with putting my luggage on the bus. I have great friends!

I'm not really good with goodbyes! But I feel with Sarah and Sue that it won't be goodbye. We will see each other again and keep in contact. When you meet people who make you want to become a better person, you try to keep them in your life.




Photo booth


1 comment:

  1. Despite the money struggles and stress, I think the greatest thing you will come away with are those friendships! All the more reason for anyone going abroad to stick it out for more than a year. I'm sure you and your friends have grown so much more by knowing each other in such a unique situation for three years!

    ReplyDelete