Welcome to part two of my travels! I ran out of memory on my first blog but you can visit my old post here: http://www.wherewillmyfeettakemenext.blogspot.kr/

I love to travel and have a bucket list of countries I want to visit. On the top of my list currently are India, the USA, Cambodia, Peru and New Zealand (because I love Lord of the Rings haha).

I love taking photos so expect a lot of photos in my blogs!

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Preparing to leave

I leave Korea in just over three weeks. I've been doing list and getting stuff ready this month.

Things to do before I leave Korea


  • Get copies of my police checks from my school
  • Get a reference off my school
  • Copy down SMOE's information
  • Copy down my schools address and email.
  • Send all my boxes home
  • Get everyone addresses in Korean and English (other wise the post men get confused...)
  • Pack

Above, is what I have done so far. Everything else has to be completed on my last week. These include:

  • Cancelling my phone. I finished my contract last year so this should be easy. I just need someone to go with me.
  • Close my Korean bank.
  • My friend has to collect a bunch of stuff I am giving her.
  • Clean apartment.
  • Eat all food in my apartment.
  • Say goodbye to my friends.
I only have 7 working days left. I am ready to leave my work. It's the end of the school year and all teachers move classes when they come back, so I am glad I am leaving in February rather than August. 

I also can't wait to get away from my neighbours. Upstairs have a baby, Whilst next door is persistent in having his TV right next to the dividing wall. Don't worry though. After I finish work next Saturday I will play my TV loud for two weeks.... Revenge! Mwhahahahahaha. 

I really don't know what it will be like when I go back. I don't want to stay there longer than a few months before leaving again. I am so not ready to live there yet. My town is okay. But, everyone knows everyone. You meet a new person and it turns out they are a sibling of someone you went to high school with etc. It's that type of town and I'm just not ready for that.

Saying that. It's not a bad place. It's quite a lovely town and I have a bunch of awesome friends there. My dad loves it. He moved there from Liverpool. I might settle there one day, but just not yet.

I think my mum is trying to get me to stay. She got me a new mattress and is decorating my room. She keeps asking me about colours and wallpapers. My response is always the same, 'Do what you want. I'm moving to London anyways'. She is persistent. But, I give it two weeks of me being home, and she will be trying to get rid of me.



2 comments:

  1. Only 7 days of work left!? Wow it's really the end of an era. I bet the time has flown by for you! I hope the reverse culture shock doesn't hit too hard when you get back to the UK. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will get it. I even got it when I went home for just a month. The main problem is living in the middle of no where and having to rely on my parents to take me to places.

    Though, this time I have a plan. I'm giving up TV between 9-5 for lent. I will use this time to go walking and read. Hopefully my brain will stay active and it will help with the culture shock.

    It's going to be weird going to somewhere they speak English.

    ReplyDelete