Welcome to part two of my travels! I ran out of memory on my first blog but you can visit my old post here: http://www.wherewillmyfeettakemenext.blogspot.kr/

I love to travel and have a bucket list of countries I want to visit. On the top of my list currently are India, the USA, Cambodia, Peru and New Zealand (because I love Lord of the Rings haha).

I love taking photos so expect a lot of photos in my blogs!

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

LG phone company

If you move to a big city in Korea, I recommend getting a smart phone. They are so useful for long journeys and downloading bus schedules etc. To get a smartphone there are a few options. You can buy someone out of their contract if they are leaving. Best places to look for these are Daves ESL cafe and Waygook.org. 

Or you can make your own contract with a company. You will need a Korean co-teacher or friend to help you here. Most contacts are two years and if you leave early you will have to pay the remaining amount of the phone.

Don't leave before paying. It's the people who don't pay, that give foreigners a bad reputation and make it harder for future people to get contacts. Selfish people! If you are only staying for a year then be ready to pay the remaining amount and the cancellation fee, or just get a pay as you go phone. Or you could just do the above and finish someone's contract.

There are a few companies. My friends with SK have no complaints, therefore I would recommend them. I am with LG. I do NOT recommend them!

LG has to be the worst phone company in Korea. I've had problems with signal from the start. It's always on 2 or three bars of signal. And about 5 times a time I get the no signal message. Some days I don't have any signal for hours. Also, in parts of my apartment I can't pick up a signal.

It's not just me who has problems. I know two Korean friends who had LG and changed companies. For a whole year my phone had no signal and then restarted itself. Even though it was LG's fault, I was told I would have to pay to fix the phone. Remember, the customer is always wrong in Korea. 

This morning for example. I couldn't listen to any music on 8tracks because there was no signal for over an hour!

Anyways, the point of this post is to say that the LG phone company sucks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment