Welcome to part two of my travels! I ran out of memory on my first blog but you can visit my old post here: http://www.wherewillmyfeettakemenext.blogspot.kr/

I love to travel and have a bucket list of countries I want to visit. On the top of my list currently are India, the USA, Cambodia, Peru and New Zealand (because I love Lord of the Rings haha).

I love taking photos so expect a lot of photos in my blogs!

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Bongeunsa temple

Bongeunsa temple
Wednesday was an national holiday, therefore we all had the day off. I have begun to be lazy due to already doing most of the things I wanted to in Seoul. I have a few items left, but I still have 20 days of holidays left in the winter so I am going to save some stuff.

Bongeunsa temple
Saying that, I believe this will be the last month of good weather. I decided to go to Bongeunsa temple whilst the weather was good. There are two stations near the temple. I decided to go to Chungdam station because it's on line 7, therefore I would only have to transfer one time. To get to the temple you walk straight out of exit 2. You walk over a hill until you get to a main junction. The walk is about 5-10 minutes depending on your walking speed. When you get to the junction then turn right and walk about 1 minute until you see the temple on your right. I had a kind adjumma point me in the right direction.

You can also get there from Samsung station (line 2) exit 6.

Bongeunsa temple
It was really hot yesterday. By the time I got to the temple I was sweating so I headed to the temple cafe for some omijia (5 taste tea). I am glad I went to the temple whilst it is still warm, there were many flowers which made the temple even more beautiful.

I read you can do temple stays there. I have already done a temple stay during my first year in Korea. There is a mini temple life experience on Thursdays at 2pm which you have to sign up for on the door for 20,000won. If you have a group of over 7, you can do it anytime.

Bongeunsa temple
The temple is in the heart of the city and is surrounded by sky scrappers. It is wonderful to see new mixed with old. I took pictures mainly of this rather than just the temple itself. I think it would be even better at night. I am not sure of the closing time though.

I am glad I went here before I left. I have a few things left on my list. These included Banpo bridge, Namsam at night, Gwanghanmun at night and the museums.


Bongeunsa temple

Bongeunsa temple

Bongeunsa temple

Bongeunsa temple

Bongeunsa temple

Bongeunsa temple




No comments:

Post a Comment