Welcome to part two of my travels! I ran out of memory on my first blog but you can visit my old post here: http://www.wherewillmyfeettakemenext.blogspot.kr/

I love to travel and have a bucket list of countries I want to visit. On the top of my list currently are India, the USA, Cambodia, Peru and New Zealand (because I love Lord of the Rings haha).

I love taking photos so expect a lot of photos in my blogs!

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Weight issues

Weight has never been a issue with me. I am happy with my weight. Like every woman I sometimes have'fat' days, but I try to eat healthy. I had never been called overweight, chubby or fat. That is, until I came here.

The first time my weight came up wasn't with a Korean but with a crazy Canadian girl that was obsessed with make-up and to be blunt she was vain. She often referred to me as 'skinny fat' and she always told me I was lazy, because I am happy to relax after work at home. I  ignored her as everyone who knew her said she was vain (and slightly crazy).

But, this year I gained weight. It's strange really. I used to eat junk food back in the UK, but over here I eat fruit and vegetables all the time. I don't mind because I was too skinny before.

But, one Korean teacher noticed my weight gain and told her students. Why would anyone do that? Some Korean teachers said it could be culture difference and she probably didn't know it would offend a foreigner. But, most of my Korean friends didn't understand her actions either.

Snow!!!
I think I would not have minded if she had said the comment to me because I am used to everyone talking about weight. But it's the fact she said it to her class so when I had class with them I was put in a very embarrassing situation. And all the other teachers heard.

The bad news is because my co-teacher is pregnant, this teacher will replace her in winter camp in January. Two weeks with her........ Awesome! ㅜㅜ

This made me realise something. The only people who make comments about my weight are other women. What gives one person the right to make comments about someones weight? Do we think putting another woman down will make us thinner? I for one and happy with my weight and that's the most important thing. Not what other people think.

 I just needed to rant about this topic! I feel better already ^^.

In other news, the first snow of the year appeared. Thankfully, it went after a few hours and it didn't stick. I think this winter is going to be colder than last. I treated myself to some more heat-tech clothes.



No comments:

Post a Comment