Welcome to part two of my travels! I ran out of memory on my first blog but you can visit my old post here: http://www.wherewillmyfeettakemenext.blogspot.kr/

I love to travel and have a bucket list of countries I want to visit. On the top of my list currently are India, the USA, Cambodia, Peru and New Zealand (because I love Lord of the Rings haha).

I love taking photos so expect a lot of photos in my blogs!

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

CELTA in Thailand Part 1.


I hate them all!

I decided  last year that I wanted to do a CELTA. Some of the jobs I was looking at, for the future, wanted a Celta with 2 years experience succeeding the training. Plus, I taught an afterschool program at a middle school and decided if I wanted to become a better teacher I needed more training. I booked my training course with International house at Chiang Mai and I am so grateful I did (but that is a story for later on).

I had my first interview at the latter end of 2012. I was really nervous about the interview but managed to get through it. After which, I had to do a pre-course task. Some people on my course admitted to me later on they did not do it as it wasn't mandatory. I recommend doing the pre-course task, especially if you haven't taught before as it will help you later on.  I did most of mine when I was desk-warming by myself in Korea. I also read some of 'Learning English' before and it helped me a lot on my course.

So on the 2nd February I flew to Chiang Mai for my course. I really love waiting at Incheon airport in South Korea. It's great! There is a free cultural center where you can make stuff. There are so many shops and resturants. There is also a Charlie Brown and a Hello Kitty cafe.


Print from cultural center

Charlie Brown cafe in airport- The Chai Latte was horrid!

The flight to Thailand wasn't too long but I arrived a little after 11pm. I had booked a hotel in Old town, so I could have a wander around on my only free day in Thailand. The taxi's to the city are convenient and easy to book. They cost around 200-250 Baht depending on your location.

I felt sorry for my hotel as they were waiting for my to come before they locked the doors for the night. I also did the stupid thing of packing my PJ's at the bottom of my suitcase ㅜㅜ.....

2 comments:

  1. What a cliffhanger!! Everyone's dying to get to the good stuff, come on Laura... :P

    ReplyDelete