Welcome to part two of my travels! I ran out of memory on my first blog but you can visit my old post here: http://www.wherewillmyfeettakemenext.blogspot.kr/

I love to travel and have a bucket list of countries I want to visit. On the top of my list currently are India, the USA, Cambodia, Peru and New Zealand (because I love Lord of the Rings haha).

I love taking photos so expect a lot of photos in my blogs!

Friday, March 22, 2013

Siam rice cookery school

With our teacher!
On the third weekend we had finished our assignments and were nearing the end (yay!). Me, Alex and Dave decided to book ourselves into the Siam Thai cookery school. We got picked up in Chiang Mai old city and got driven to a market. At the market we were shown the different vegetables and spices. We then had free time to wander around.


We were then driven to the cooking school. We had been recommend the Siam rice by some of our friends at the Celta course. If you are thinking of taking a cooking class in Chiang Mai then I recommend here. The lady is really friendly.

At the school we choose the 3 dishes we were going to make. You have a choice of a full day or a half day course. We were seriously stuffed after half a day, so only take the full day if you have a giant stomach. My first course was chicken and coconut soup. It was delicious. mi want to make it here (in Korea), but I can't find all the ingredients that are needed. For the second course, Alex was brave enough to try drunken noodles. They are called drunken noodles as people are only crazy enough to make them when they're drunk!

Cooking!

The last course was a curry. I chose the northern pumpkin curry which was lovely, but I couldn't eat anymore. The lady teaching us was so funny. She made rude jokes throughout the lesson. At one point she told us that you can tell if someone will make a good wife/husband by the way he/she pounds the curry paste haha. When we finished they gave us a certificate and a book with all the recipes from the course.

After the cooking school we met our friend and we went to the Sunday walking market. I love the Sunday market. Though after 6.30pm it gets crazy busy!!! ><

Coconut/chicken soup

Drunken noodles

Our teacher

Before cooking!

Sunday walking market

1 comment:

  1. I completely forgot that that was the reason it was called drunken noodles! Guess I'm just naturally inebriated. ;)

    ReplyDelete