Welcome to part two of my travels! I ran out of memory on my first blog but you can visit my old post here: http://www.wherewillmyfeettakemenext.blogspot.kr/

I love to travel and have a bucket list of countries I want to visit. On the top of my list currently are India, the USA, Cambodia, Peru and New Zealand (because I love Lord of the Rings haha).

I love taking photos so expect a lot of photos in my blogs!

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Chiang Mai Old City

Flower festival
Flower festival
Flower festival




















After Doi Suthep, I asked to be dropped off near the flower festival. This was possibly the best part of my whole trip. It was busy, but not too busy. There were flowers and fruit stalls everywhere. It was also my first time exploring Chiang Mai, so it felt kind of magical. The flower floats were really interesting and you could see all the work that went into them. There was a lot of people playing instruments. At one point I went for a foot massage and was surrounded my flowers with street musicians playing traditional Thai music. It is going down as one of the most memorable moments of my travels.


Wat Phra Singh
Wat Phra Singh




















After eating as much fruit as I could and taking photos of the flowers, I set out to find some of the temples of Chiang Mai old city. I think it is quite easy to fit your way around old city. I soon found Wat Phra Singh. I didn't go inside the temples because I was worn out by this point, but I walked around the outside. There was a mini market and I saw my first old Western guy with a young Thai bride combo. There was also a lying buddha. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wat_Phra_Singh


Wat Phra Singh

Temple market



After relaxing in a cafe,I tired to find the next temple in my list but ended up at a market inside one of the temples grounds. By this point the Sunday market had already been started to be set up by the sellers. I finally found Wat Chedi Luang (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wat_Chedi_Luang). I really liked this temple as it was quiet and I just relaxed for a bit there. It is really beautiful.



Wat Chedi Luang

Wat Chedi Luang

Wat Chedi Luang

After siteseeing I shopped under it was time for my to go off to my final destination.... My hotel for my CELTA course.



When I finally got there I went straight up to my room and slept until the next day........ (left the cliffhanger just for Alex!)

1 comment:

  1. Lol!!! Well I know most of what happens next anyway :) Excited to hear your take on it now that it's been over a month (?!)...

    ReplyDelete